Sunday, 23 March 2014

Teacher Specialization

Originally i had posted that i wanted to become a Literature teacher. however after much consideration, I decided to be an Agriculture teacher. My decision was based on the dire need for making students aware about Agriculture. Today's youngsters are too concerned about their looks and the latest style rather than the environment and its natural resources and where their food comes from. I strongly believe that I can educate students about their environment and agriculture and open their eyes to how they can help save the environment. Although I have no formal training in Agriculture myself I am willing to learn and I am very open-minded to this area. I would like to inspire my students to not only follow their dreams but always have an open-mind to dreaming; if we can dream it, we can achieve it. During the process of choosing my specialization in my B.Ed. programme, I weighed my beliefs and position I would hold as a teacher and i made my decision. I would recommend to all teachers in-service and pre-service, to always reflect on yourself and the power you hold over these young minds and always remember why you chose the feild you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment